On Sunday 27 February 2005 07:46, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Sunday 27 February 2005 06:51, Ricardo Castanho de Oliveira Freitas
wrote:

> > > Hmm, I'm still running v9.2 here so some things may be different, and
> > > if they are, I apologise for wasting the bandwith but...
> > >
> > > here...if I use "spamd" it takes a lot longer to d/l my e-mail. If I
> > > use "spamc" on the other hand, all is well.
> > >
> > > Just a random observation there.
> > >
> > > PS This however, is not with postfix, just running it through kmail.
> >
> > Thatīs my problem too!
> >
> > How can I change from spamd to spamc, since spamd is started at boot
> > time?
> >
> > Ricardo Castanho
> > Brazil
>
> I think there is a little misunderstanding here.
>
> You can use spamassassin in two ways.
>
> Firstly as a perl standalone application, in which case you call it with
> the command 'spamassassin'. This is the simplest way to use spamassassin.
> See 'man spamassassin'
>
> Or secondly as a pair of C programmes called spamd and spamc. Spamd is the
> daemon which runs continuously, and spamc is the client to access spamd.
> Spamd/spamc are better for larger mail servers because they have much
> smaller memory requirements and are faster.
>
> My guide describes using spamd/spamc  with a Postfix server.
> See 'man spamc'
>
> derek

Ok! Got it now!

I just thought of the opposite!

But in my machine, spamd/spamc are not at all fast and requires a lot of
processing power! (this machine is a PII-400 256Mb ram)

Ricardo Castanho
Brazil

- --
  Linux user # 102240 => PGP: 748A9E35 => 100% M$ FREE

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:55:00 -0300
 22:55:00 up 18:51,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.07
Comparing information and knowledge is like asking whether the fatness of a
pig is more or less green than the designated hitter rule."
- -- David Guaspari