On Sunday 27 February 2005 06:50 am, Rob Blomquist wrote:

> Spamc is just a wrapper for spamd, so spamd has to be up and running.
>
> But if you want real email filtering you really need to be running
> spamassassin with more than just the basic rules. That caused me to
> fetchmail/maildrop/spamassassin/razor/pyzor all my mail before kmail picks
> it up all marked locally, and its not a hard configuration.
>
> The checking of each email with this setup is about 1 to 2 seconds each
> with my XP-2100, so the hit on Kmail would be serious.
>
> Rob

Right. "spamd" is running here. Spamassassin is a service. Again noting that
I'm not running postfix, but using it via kmail, that when the filters are
setup, if you call spamd instead of spamc, the load and e-mail times are
relatively huge. I can't remember how this came up before (but it did), but
the simple answer was never to call "spamd" but always use "spamc". I know it
made a heckuva difference here, in v9.2.

Again, if this has nothing to do with the original post, I apologize - its
just what works here. Everyone elses' mileage may vary. :-)

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord