Thanks,
I will file this for future referance (and maybe a play)

Sorry about the --.
Does > -- Cause a problem?
I am using a non-linux operating system (XP) for posting to this list,
and seem to get different results depending upon whether it is through a
web client or not.
In future, I will try to keep an eye on what I'm doing...

Hugh