On Monday 07 March 2005 13:13, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> Here's to democracy, EU-style :
>
> http://wiki.ffii.org/Cons050307En
>
> In short : The Microsoft puppet-state Luxembourg denied council
> members from Poland, Portugal and Denmark their request to change
> the Directive on Software Patent from an A-item to a B-item.
>
> So friends, that was it :  forget about software development in
> Europe.
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

I'm not surprised at all, it would have been at this meeting or the next
meeting or the next or the next.Politicians can be bought and the EU ones in
particular.
I'm not surprised there's no Dutch stance either, they've been the ones
working in the background pushing MS. Dutch EU politician Bolkestein up front
taking care of their rights....He's right wing BTW and thankfully been pushed
offstage as of short.

Don't ever forget that the EU is not a democratic organisation, it's built
upon the European Steel and Coal Union......a multinational
affair.Unification is good but not solely on economic terms.
--
Good luck,
HarM