On Friday 11 Mar 2005 22:44, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Friday 11 March 2005 04:46 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 11 Mar 2005 21:33, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> > > The Plextor is in the master position, secondary IDE channel.
> > > It has "hdc=ide-scsi" in /etc/lilo.conf.
> >
> > Right there if you have a 2.6 kernel, I think.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Sorry, should have added:
>
> Mandrake v9.2
>
> kernel 2.4.22-36mdk

OK - that's out, then.  What about the fstab line?  It feels a long time since
I used a 2.4 kernel, so I may be remembering wrongly, but is the cdrom really
scd1?  I would go to MCC > Hardware > Mountpoints and check everything there
- not forgetting the advanced tab.  I usually find that fixes any problems I
have.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels