On Sunday 13 March 2005 12:31 pm, Erylon Hines wrote:

> You know, I've found that "occasionally" something will monkey with fstab,
> and stuff that was working correctly fails to mount, or fails to mount in
> the correct place.  To allow me to see what has happened, I copy my fstab
> as soon as I get everything working, so I can refer back to it when things
> go south. (The fstab backup created at changes isn't reliable, because
> sometimes I don't notice that stuff isn't working for a while, and several
> changes may have been made).   K3b seems to be a big offender (as you have
> found out). Also, turn off harddrake--you can always turn it back on when
> new hardware is added.  And sometimes, things seem to happen for no good
> reason that I can determine.  I thought that I might be the only one, but I
> guess not.
>
> These are the fstab lines for my CD's with Mdk9.2, no scsi emulation on the
> reader.  If there was, it might make cdrom2 /dev/scd1.
>
> none /mnt/cdrom supermount
> dev=/dev/scd0,fs=udf:iso9660,--,rw,user,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
>
> none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
> dev=/dev/hdd,fs=udf:iso9660,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
>
> One thing I know, if you unplug a usb device, and don't reboot when you
> plug it back in, a second mount point for the same device will be added (my
> camera does this continuously), and it drives me nuts!  Anyone know how to
> stop this?
>
> And finally, I quit using K3b.  I have a lot less problems with Eroaster
> because it doesn't continually "lose" my devices.  I don't have any DVD
> writers, though, just CDRWs, so I don't know if Eroaster even works with
> DVDRW.

Hi Erylon, thanks for the reply. Well, see...it was a working setup that I
had. Then the problem with my /home occurred and I had to reinstall. I
thought I put everything back the way I had it before, but its obvious that I
must not have.

I use Gcombust here, like it a lot - it works fine with my setup. It does not
support DVDs though. K3b did, until now, after the reinstall. So I guess I'll
just keep playing with it. :-)

--

                                                                    /\
                                                                Dark><Lord