On Saturday 12 March 2005 02:42 am, Anne Wilson wrote:

> OK - that's out, then.  What about the fstab line?  It feels a long time
> since I used a 2.4 kernel, so I may be remembering wrongly, but is the
> cdrom really scd1?  I would go to MCC > Hardware > Mountpoints and check
> everything there - not forgetting the advanced tab.  I usually find that
> fixes any problems I have.
>
> Anne

No, its really an IDE device (the Toshiba DVD reader at /dev/scd0 is truly a
SCSI device). Before when it was working fine, I had it setup as scd1 in the
/etc/fstab file, so I dunno.

MCC shows the burner as scd1,/mnt/cdrom2 and the reader as scd0, /mnt/cdrom
which is the way it was before.

I guess I'll just keep playing with it. Some magic combination works, although
I thought I had set it back to exactly they way I had it before. BTW, the
CDRW stuff on it works fine - I burnt some CDs, including disk to disk
copying with Gcombust just fine. K3b won't even do that though. Something is
up with k3b, something I suppose I don't have set just right, that I did
before.

Thanks for the reply/suggestions Anne.

--

                                                                    /\