On Monday 21 Mar 2005 10:21, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:

> > Okay Anne - thanks - wondered if it was something silly I was doing ...

I don't think so.

> > I need to become a club member obviously.
> > I see that GQview provides a good picture on monitor, and I can see
> > the photos using Gimp2.  Have not attempted anything with it though.
> > The display of files etc in gwenview looked easy to deal with.

It is really nice, so get it when you can.  Meanwhile, if you can install gpp
it will give you the ability to print multiple photos to a page.  GwenView
can do it, but if you haven't got that working, get gpp.

> > Will contact Angelo - thanks for your help.  Buying a card reader to
> > access my photos and save the visit to WinXP.  It's becoming a point
> > of honour, not to mention *nuisance*.  Have some photos I want to look
> > at!

LOL - I know the feeling.  Most people seem to be able to use their card
readers now.  It used to be problematic for card readers with more than one
format, but a few months ago I bought a front-panel for one box, to allow me
to input sound from my hi-fi, for recording.  As it happens it has a 6-in-1
card reader as well, and I was amazed to find that it was just picked up
without me doing anything, showing up as extra removable drives.

> Actually - have used Gimp in windows and produced photos in mandrake
> 10.1.  Just need to learn how to work it better!

It's brilliant at almost everything you want it to do, but it does feel
strange at first.  There's a massive manual in .pdf format.  Google for it,
but if you can't find it let me know - I think I have a copy here that I
could send you.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels