On Sunday 27 March 2005 22:42, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> I am feeling particularly stupid and frustrated just now.  I
> downloaded some files in preparation for installing gwenview.  I
> saved them to /home/rosemary/Linux Stuff/rpms - now I can't cd
> into it, tells me no such file or directory.  Thought I would
> rename it, but same problem.  I don't want to have to do the
> downloads again.  I've not had this problem before.  I can see
> the rpms in konqueror and that is the path it gives. It seems
> simple but I am stumped.  Wondered if it doesn't like the Linux
> Stuff name?
>
> Rosemary

Did you create that "Linux Stuff" directory in Konqueror ?
If so, the command shell probably won't see it.  The shell doesn't
like spaces in file names.

You could try to rename that directory to i.e. "Linux_Stuff" or some
such.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free workstation*
        *Running Linux Mandrake 10.1*