Ronald J. Hall wrote:

On Sunday 27 March 2005 03:57 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

Did you create that "Linux Stuff" directory in Konqueror ?
If so, the command shell probably won't see it.  The shell doesn't
like spaces in file names.

You could try to rename that directory to i.e. "Linux_Stuff" or some
such.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.

Guess I've been lucky but I've never had trouble with filenames with spaces under Linux.

Went back and had another try using Bill's suggestion of tabbing. This worked. But I now have another problem, which I guess is related to the mess my system is in, and the reason I have not been able to boot. Now when trying to urpmi the packages, when it asks for CD1, I hear the CD cranking up, but it just dies out when I press enter.

Now I know why people talk about wrestling with linux :-)

Rosemary