On Tuesday 29 Mar 2005 11:01, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:

> >>Life is good. I guess you are not using ALSO for your sound. This makes
> >>me wonder why it was trying to start. I guess it could be that the last
> >>time you ran harddrake it changed something in the sound config, so that
> >>ALSO was not handling the sound drivers any more, but left it still
> >>trying to run. Not a good thing.
> >>
> >>Is you are fealing brave, you could try plugging in your USB card
> >>reader, and seeing if it works now. It wouldn't susprise me if it did.
> >>
> >>Mikkel
> >
> > Not sure what to expect as have only used it in Windows where a dialogue
> > window comes up with options (once it is plugged in with card in), and
> > the green light on the card reader flashes when the photos are being
> > uploaded.
> >
> > I went into gwenview to see if I could see anything - couldn't, but my
> > process could be incorrect.  Don't know if this helps or not
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]$ cat sysconfig/hotplug
> > # This file contains defaults for hotplug
> > #
> > # HOTPLUG_RC_$SUBSYSTEM controls whether subsystem is started by
> > # hotplug rc script ("cold plugging")
> > #
> > # SUBSYSTEM currently is usb, input, ieee1394, scsi.
> >
> > HOTPLUG_RC_usb=yes
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]$
> >
> > I may just need to learn to mount it?
> >
> > Rosemary
>
> Well, if you are running KDE, you should get a new desktop icon when you
> plug it in. From the CLI, there should be ether /mnt/removable or
> /mnt/camera with the device already mounted on it. If not, you could try:

No desktop icon.

> mkdir /mnt/camera
> mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera

At the line beginning 'mount' I get " mount special
device /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera does not exist, can't find /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera
in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab.

> If that does not work, then run "usbview" and see if it is being
> detected...

Installed and started usbviewer - it simply gives me a window with a list of
host controller entries.

> Mikkel

Now that I can boot back into linux I can wait for this, as can do my photos
in windows for now.  I imagine that installing 10.2 will get rid of a few
problems...

Rosemary