Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
On Tuesday 29 Mar 2005 08:29, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Easy fix. As root, run "mkdir /mnt/cdrom". All will be good.

I broke this when I had you change how /dev/hda6 got mounted. It may
have broke a couple of other things. The reasion is that the mount
points for other things must have been created after hda6 was mounted on
/mnt. With /dev/hda6 no longer mounted there, then mount point is missing.

Mikkel

Fixed now. I can mount CDs and see photos, and play music. Yes - I have sound.

Thanks
Rosemary

Life is good. I guess you are not using ALSO for your sound. This makes me wonder why it was trying to start. I guess it could be that the last time you ran harddrake it changed something in the sound config, so that ALSO was not handling the sound drivers any more, but left it still trying to run. Not a good thing.

Is you are fealing brave, you could try plugging in your USB card reader, and seeing if it works now. It wouldn't susprise me if it did.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!