On Tuesday 29 Mar 2005 13:33, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 Mar 2005 11:01, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:

> > > Not sure what to expect as have only used it in Windows where a
> > > dialogue window comes up with options (once it is plugged in with card
> > > in), and the green light on the card reader flashes when the photos are
> > > being uploaded.
> > >
> > > I went into gwenview to see if I could see anything - couldn't, but my
> > > process could be incorrect.  Don't know if this helps or not
> > >
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]$ cat sysconfig/hotplug
> > > # This file contains defaults for hotplug
> > > #
> > > # HOTPLUG_RC_$SUBSYSTEM controls whether subsystem is started by
> > > # hotplug rc script ("cold plugging")
> > > #
> > > # SUBSYSTEM currently is usb, input, ieee1394, scsi.
> > >
> > > HOTPLUG_RC_usb=yes
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]$
> > >
> > > I may just need to learn to mount it?
> > >
> > > Rosemary
> >
> > Well, if you are running KDE, you should get a new desktop icon when you
> > plug it in. From the CLI, there should be ether /mnt/removable or
> > /mnt/camera with the device already mounted on it. If not, you could try:
>
> No desktop icon.
>
> > mkdir /mnt/camera
> > mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera
>
> At the line beginning 'mount' I get " mount special
> device /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera does not exist, can't find /dev/sda1
> /mnt/camera in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab.
>
> > If that does not work, then run "usbview" and see if it is being
> > detected...
>
> Installed and started usbviewer - it simply gives me a window with a list
> of host controller entries.
>
> > Mikkel
>
> Now that I can boot back into linux I can wait for this, as can do my
> photos in windows for now.  I imagine that installing 10.2 will get rid of
> a few problems...
>
> Rosemary

Just in case you need/want it this is fstab

[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]$ cat fstab
/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda9 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto
umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec,users 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount
dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850 0
0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows ntfs umask=0,nls=iso8859-15,ro 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda7 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/hda6 /data ext3 defaults 1 2