On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:10:03 +0100, JR wrote:

> I have an interview coming up in a few weeks. One of the minor
> requirements would be skills with MS word and excel. I was
> thinking of using this as an opportunity to say "but I've also
> started to use OOo more often because I find I am more
>
> Can anyone give me a few differences / similarities they might
> be interested in? I'm not going to get into open source to
> them at the interview. But if I can quickly mention a few
> tangible clenchers, I will. The jobs not that good anyway :)

* It's multi-platform
* It's free to them _and_ free to any departments and clients or
  customers with whom you might share documents
* It exports to PDF naively
* It can be installed on any machine at any time without concern
  of licensing issues
* I understand it's more secure than Word out-of-the-box, but
  you might want to double-check that
* The suite comes with other software that is also free, e.g. you
  get PowerPoint-type software at no addition cost

As you say, though, I'd make this an exceptionally _minor_
sidenote to your interview.

Miark