On Thursday 07 Apr 2005 17:55, Domingo Abrego wrote:
> hi,  i am using a winmodem on my computer for windows, is that possible to
> use that same modem for linux, mandrake community edition v.10  ?...  i did
> some reseaches about win modems and linux and what i read in all this
> websites is that it is not possible!!!
>
> but i found a driver for LTwinmodem  (lucent winmodems) for linux.. in the
> driverguide webpage, is that possible... and maybe the main question is how
> do i install this driver on my system.?
You can get Lucent chipset winmodems working on Mandrake (I did), but you must
ensure that you have a driver that matches your kernel.
As I say I got my winmodem working, but had to drop to an earlier kernel to do
it.
There are resources on the net which will show you how to go about this task.
http://linmodems.org/
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Winmodems-and-Linux-HOWTO.html
http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem/
--