On Thursday 07 April 2005 05:55 pm, Domingo Abrego wrote:
> hi,  i am using a winmodem on my computer for windows, is that possible to
> use that same modem for linux, mandrake community edition v.10  ?...  i did
> some reseaches about win modems and linux and what i read in all this
> websites is that it is not possible!!!
>
> but i found a driver for LTwinmodem  (lucent winmodems) for linux.. in the
> driverguide webpage, is that possible... and maybe the main question is how
> do i install this driver on my system.?
People have successfully gotten their Lucent winmodems working on linux.
Personally, I found it so difficult that I just bought a cheap serial modem
(external). This option requires no software installation of anykind, and I
dont think there was any configuration involved either. It's guaranteed to
work.

The choice is yours. I prefered to part with EUR 50 rather than try to get the
modem working.

Good luck!

Jarlath