On Sunday 10 April 2005 05:10 am, Sebastian Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> I remember playing DVDs on a 466Mhz Celeron with a 4MB Matrox Millenium.
> I suppose it sould at least play (if not smooth) on your Machine.
>
> Regards
>
> *Sebastian Martin*
> Heinrich - Heine - Str. 2c
> 35039 Marburg a.d. Lahn
> Deutschland / Germany
> Tel.:   +49 6421 897200
> Mobil: +49  177 232 5 686
> ICQ:   19221771
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Anne Wilson schrieb am 10.04.2005 08:40 das Folgende:
> >On Sunday 10 Apr 2005 00:02, JoeHill wrote:
> >>I think it depends a lot on your video card/chipset. You cannot play
> >> DVD's at all without hardware acceleration, IIRC, no matter your system
> >> resources (though yours are definitely on the low end anyhow).
> >
> >I'm not sure this is true, Joe.  My Matrox card has only basic drivers and
> > can play DVDs.  I doubt if the 400 MHz processor is up to it, though.
> >
> >Anne
I think joe got it part way right, I know I can play dvds all day long on a
celery 366, but it also has 640 megs system memory and 128 meg video mem on
an nvidia geforce ti4400, so the real answer ain't the cpu, but what else
besides the cpu is in the box, and running in the background in the box..
--
linux counter #167806 (http://counter.li.org/)
website="http://ed-tharp.kicks-ass.org";