On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:28:12 -0500
Tom disseminated the following:

>          That just isn't so. I have a GeF4, I use the 'nv' driver,
> I've never used the proprietary nvidia driver, DVD's and any other
> kind'a movies play jus' fine.  DVD's, or any videos for that matter,
> _do not_ require hardware acceleration.

Sorry, only speaking from personal experience. DVD's or AVI's will not play, at
least not full screen anyhow, unless I'm using hardware acceleration, ie. the
nvidia driver. Like you always say, YMMV ;-)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
14:23:58 up 48 days, 15:31, 7 users, load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01