Cyril wrote:

> I have Mandrake 6.1 and a TNT board.
>
> I saw the so called TNT driver included with Mandrake 6.1 (xfree 3.3.4-5) is
> a simple SVGA driver.
>
> SO here are my questions :
>
> 1- I went to xfree86.org and tried to get xfree 3.3.5 on their ftp site. But
> which files should I take ? Why isn't there just one RPM file ???
>
> 2- I would like to test the TNT with an OpenGL program. So how can I install
> OpenGL ? Is it part of Xfree86 ?
>
> 3- could you please give me the address of a very simple OpenGL program that
> could test the board ?
>
> thanks
>
> Cyril

Hi, Cyril,

If you have Mandrake 6.1, all of the XFree86 3.3.5 rpms should be on the
installation cd.  If you really want to get the rpms from the XFree86
site, I would recommend installing:

XFree86
XFree86-75dpi-fonts
Xfree86-libs
XFree86-<server>

The server will be particular for your video card.  I'll warn you that
you should be careful when installing "generic" rpms on Mandrake 6.1.
I've had problems trying to installing non-Mandrake rpms on my system
which I'm upgrading to 6.1 from 5.3 right now.  You'll notice that
almost all of the rpms on the Mandrake 6.1 cd have an mdk.i586.rpm
extension.  OK, Good luck,

Hidong