Ive had this error message come up too when I was having trouble with auto
startx kicking in.  I now doubt it was not having linux 5 startup command,
but because I fiddled with the XF86Config file.  Because if I waited long
enough at the prompt to see what happened, and if it would eventually kick
into the login dialogue box, it wouldnt, instead I got that exact same
message coming up all the time at the prompt.

"_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can´t connnect: errno = 111"

I figured since it mentioned X11 that it must be because Id played around
with the config file trying to get my monitor to display the right
resolution that some of you are helping me with.  but Id like to know
exactly what it means too.

I could just ingore it and enter my user id and password as normal at the
prompt to get in still but it was a pain.  I ended up re-installing linux.

One dumb question I have is that there is obviously more than one XF86Config
file.  One main one and the others are links.  How can I be safe knowing Im
editing the right one?  Is it possible to edit a link not knowing its a link
as it opens the main one, do the changes go thru to the main file or what
happens?

I also tried using the Config.eg as my default one thinking that would be so
basic surely it would work.  It screwed up my mouse and without that and not
knowing any of the short cut keys I again had to re-install.  Ive lost count
of how many times Ive had to re-install.  I know Im fiddling with things but
if only the install wasnt so difficult trying to get everything to work,
mouse, monitor, keyboard, sound, internet.... then I wouldnt have to
"fiddle".  Im not very impressed at all.  I "fiddle" all the time in
windows.  It used to be a requirement working in tech support to experiment
with things and learn what I could, and I never ever had to reinstall
windows, even fiddling with config or ini files or system device settings.
Maybe its not the install, maybe its my pc, as its brand new and most things
on it are "integrated".  I dont know.  Im not clued up on the hardware side
of things nor linux nor this new integrated setup.  But this is a nightmare.
Ive been up every night until about 4am in the morning on this for this past
week and Im no further ahead than I was when I started appart from being
able to now fly thru the install since Ive done it so many times.

Ive also downloaded some files that are .gz or .tar regarding my video
drivers and none open up in the archiver utility saying invalid file format

Well, Ive had my moan.  Thanks for listening if you read this far down :).

Im having a break tonight.  Im so tempted to "give it another go",  but
perhaps a little break and going back to it later tomorrow all refreshed
might be rewarding.

regards
Gina