My solution for this was to move my WIN drive to the second
IDE port and installing the empty HD at primary on the first
IDE port.  I FDISKed the new drive (just to make sure nothing
survived) and then did an auto install to that drive.  LILO will
now boot linux automatically if I do nothing during boot or it
will run WIN if I type DOS at the LILO prompt.

> ** Original Subject: RE: [newbie] How do I install Mandrake to a 2nd IDE hard drive?
> ** Original Sender: Foyah Z Freeman Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> ** Original Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 00:39:03 EST

> ** Original Message follows...

> -----Original Message-----From: Foyah Z. Freeman, Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2000 12:12 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: [newbie] How do I install Mandrake to a 2nd IDE hard drive?
>
> Hello Greg,
>
> I am a newbie also and have successfully installed Mandrake 7.0 on a second
> ide drive.  Mandrake 7.0 will ask you during the installation where to
> install.  I don't quite remember the step, but I believe it is the selection
> for partitioning your drive, you will see selections that look like this:
>                 Fat 32 [this actually refers to your c: drive, the 6gb or
> the drive with Windows
>                 Hdb1   [this is actually your d: drive]
> This is the drive you want to install on; just check it first because it
> shows you the size of the drive you select (something like 4100k).
>
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO SELECT THE FAT 32
PARTITION!!!!!!!