Hi,

I've been having some problems lately getting read/write permissions for
regular users enabled on my DOS partitions.  One of you told me that all you
have to do is use kfm to navigate to the /mnt directory, look at the
properties, and adjust the group permissions to "users".....doing this while
logged in as root.  It didn't work.  Now when I try to access that particular
partition with kfm the WHOLE system crashes...strange because I thought Linux
never did this.  The really wierd thing is that ONLY kfm behaves this way.  For
example, at the command prompt I have no problem accessing it, nor is there a
problem with KDE Explorer, or the Disk Navigator.

To make a long story short, I tried changing all kinds of permissions in
linuxconf -- I even tried renaming the mount points -- in order to correct this
problem.  I can still access my other DOS partition via any means, it's only
the one I fanangled with that's giving me problems.

Please help!
Adam