I am writing as if you only have access to your Linux system.  If you have
access to another Windows PC, you can accomplish the following tasks on your
Windows PC.

Format a diskette with the MSDOS (or VFAT) filesystem.  Copy the following
files from your Windows partition to this disk: Command.com, IO.sys, and
Msdos.sys.  Download and extract Ranish Partition Manager 2.38 onto this
diskette.  Keep this disk in the drive and reboot the PC.  Type "part" to
run Ranish Partition Manager.  Choose the option to save your MBR to
diskette.  Now you have your safety net!

Format another diskette with the MSDOS (or VFAT) filesystem.  Copy the
following files from your Windows partition to this disk: Command.com,
IO.sys, and Msdos.sys.  Download and extract the XOSL files onto this
diskette.  Keep this disk in the drive and reboot the PC.  Type "install" to
install XOSL.  Reboot the PC and setup XOSL to boot both Windows and Linux.

HTH,
Matt