Michael,
I would strongly recommend against using lnx4win to install on a windows 98 partition if thius is what you have in mind.  The install and operation of linux are slow and very painful.  YOu are much better off installing and running on a separare partition.  If you aren't familiar with this, grab a coffee, some cigarettes and a heap of patience but the end result is oh-so-worth-it.

Wayne