"John D. Herron" wrote:

> I'm using a Logitech Mouseman+ (PS/2) and its wheel works fine with "imwheel".

> >[snip]
> >
> >    Michael> You can use a program called 'imwheel' to use the scroll
> >    Michael> but I think it's only compatible with MS mice
> >    Michael> (intellimouse, etc.)
> >
> >Working here with a Logitech mouse.
> >
> >--
> >Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA
> >Kernel 2.2.15-0.16mdk
> >http://www.viconet.com/fieschko/home.htm
> >Mar 24 Feria of Lent
> >"Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?"  [M. Tulli
> >Ciceronis Oratio In Catilinam Prima In Senatu Habita at
> >http://ftp.sunet.se/ftp/pub/etext/gutenberg/etext95/ccero10.txt]

If you don't mind, could you give me the procedure you followed to use it?  I'm
using Mandrake 7.0-2 and the generic ps/2 driver was assigned to my mouse when I
installed it.  When I type 'imwheel' in eterm, I get a warning message that says
there could be another instance of imwheel running.  At any rate, I don't get any
scrolling action from my Logitech trackball.  I've also deselected the option
'emulate three button mouse' under XF86Setup; still no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sometimes you can read the instructions
over and over and they just don't click!

Thanks, Michael Holt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]