Some questions, maybe you folks can help:
1.  The crossover question I asked earlier...any idea?
2.  I have a "freshly" installed system, so no extra software has been
installed except the Mandrake 7.0 install.  When I use Netscape in xwin,
it will work, then suddenly will stop.  I mean the page will stay on the
screen but when you click on a link, nothing happens.  It just stays
there. Shut Netscape down, and then try to bring it back up, and nothing
happens, it merely "shrugs off" the attempt.
  Now, if I bring up a virtual terminal and look in the .netscape
directory, there is a blinking file called lock.  Delete this and netscape
loads fine...for a while..  Ideas, thoughts?
3.  I have one 8.5 gig hd and one cdrom.  I want to hook up two more hard
drives, copy some data from them, and then remove them from the system.
How do I get Linux to recognize them so I can copy, then remove them from
the system as easily?
4. One final problem:  I am hooked to my campus ethernet network.  While
running windows, I get tremendous throughput loading pages, doing ftp,
etc..now in netscape in linux, I am getting throughput no higher than
3.5k/sec and then it starts dropping, and stalls out..goes back up to
3.5/3.6 and drops slowly to 3.0, 2.9,2.8..etc then stalls out..
any ideas?
5. I had the same problem as I thought the others did...I try to telnet to
my machine from somewhere else, and it says connected...I wait for the
login prompt, it hesitates and then the connection is dropped.
I know I should edit my /etc/inetd file..what should I make sure it has to
be able to telnet in?

Thanks Valjean