[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hi all.  this is my first question here so be gentle  ;)
>
> i'm trying to install mandrake, but i am getting an error after booting off of a
>floppy disk.
>
> it said that the cd in the drive does not appear to be a mandrake cd.
>
> i have two CD drives.
> any suggestions on how to set up my HDDs and cd-roms for easy set-up?  should the
>linux one be on the primary controller?  hmmm..
>
> i have two HDDs
> * one for winblows [primary controller]
> * one for linux [secondary controller]
> * each one has a slaved cd drive (1 cd-dvd, 1 cd-rw).
>
> any help would be sweet.

If you don't get an answer in the newbie list, then ask in the expert list.  I'm still
using the old CDROM kind of drive; therefore,
I could only guess about the answer, no better or more easily than yourself.

However, because you said you're trying to install Linux, if the cdrom doesn't work in
one drive, then switch it to the other drive
while you're in the installation program and start one step back, to have the install
program try to read the cdrom again.  If that
fails, leave the cdrom in the other drive and reboot.

Then, if you still get no further, and don't get a more concrete answere, here, then
ask in the expert mailing list.

Those are my directions re. how to get around the corner, to the next block.

mike