b/web....partition magic has a column called status.  The dos
partition that is to be booted needs to be marked Active to be
able to boot an there can be only one Active dos partition on
any drive.  To set this you choose Operations->Advanced->Set
Active.  No, it has nothing to do with the partition's name.

Alan