Trying to install Mandrake 7, having big problems.
Anybody got a suggestion to where I should start looking for a workaround?

Here's the deal:
I tried installing, but the graphical installer keeps generating error
messages at some points:
When it goes to give me the timezone menu:
"an error occurred - Can not list the available timezones"
or when it goes to the printer selection menu:
"an error occurred - rhs-printfiles not found"

I went to the Mandrake webpages looking to see if any suggestions could be
found there.
I did try downloading and creating a new boot floppy from the new cdrom.img
file I found there with rawrite, but that seems to do nothing any better
than before.

Basically here is my system:
Microstar Athlon motherboard
AMD Athlon 550
128MB RAM ( I see it detects 64MB by mistake)
Matrox G400 vide, 32MB - video seems fine so far.
DLink DFE530TX ethernet (Via Rhine chip)
Intraserver 6101 SCSI card ( Symbios Logic 53C896, properly detected by the
installer)
2 of: Quantum 9.1GB SCSI HDD
1 of: Toshiba SCSI CDROM (48X)
1 of HP DAT tape drive
Logitech Mouseman PS 3 button mouse

I have Win98 on the first disk, and the first partition (1GB) of the second
disk is FAT (NOT FAT32).
I left the majority of the second HDD free for this Linux install (8GB).
I AM able to see the second HD and allocate partitions /boot, /, /usr, and
swap and format them Ext2fs, and swap as mandated.
Basically where I see the whole install fall apart is at package selection,
time zone selection, and printer selection and setup.
After failing those parts if I try to continue it keeps coming back to try
those selections and fails.

Any suggestions? Anybody??

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.            FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3