Andy wrote:

> Maurice you might want to try the tex install.

If it is not finding those things, then

        media may be substandard
        CDROM may need laserlens cleaned
        CDROM may be ready for the trash bin

There are really no configuration problems that could generate
those specific errors.  Get someone with a burner to do an iso
download and burn a CD or get one of the ones from Cheapbytes or
linuxmall and try it.   If those fail in the same place....

www.computersurplusoutlet.com has a CDROM cleaner for $5

and if cleaning doesn't help, many places have 12X-24X CDROMS
(even UDMA ones) fairly cheap...  and of course your CDROM might
still be under warranty.

Civileme