Just my 2 cents, I think everyone should have the
choice to run what os most suitably fits them,
so that they can use their computers in the
most efficient way.

Whether someone runs windows, macOS,  Linux,
OS2, Unix SVR4, minix or whatever,
I noticed that the 3 most popular platforms
have been Mac, win, and Linux, more software
is being written for the Linux users, as there is
already a buttload of stuff being developed for
windows/dos, mac comes in 2nd, then Linux.

Whenever these 3 platforms are the closest
to being as equalised as is humanly possible,
will we have the best cross-compatibility.

Windows works for some, Mac works for some,
and Linux works for some just to name a few.

I use Linux because it works for me, my
buddie in town uses mac because it works
the best for him and my buddie in Idaho
uses windows because it is what works the
best for him and they are both still my buddies
and I am barely affected by what OS they
use, sure some .exe self extracting
utilities I have to send to my windows
using buddie so he can extract the soundfiles
that I would like, and he takes a copy if he
wants to also, if I can't use wine to extract it,
but my wish is for things to become less proprietary,
(I know I sound like a dreamer, but if I don't
dream, I die) but when we can all use our own OS's
and have more 'universal' formats of data transfer,
it will make things easier I think.

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> > so here is my final attempt  I want a file manager that works just like
> the one
> > in corel linux os v1.1 in my mandrake. I want a graphic ppp dialer that
> does
> > not give the deamon died error all the time i want a download manager of
> some
> > description and I want stability.
> > More I want somethong that does not require me to try and be what I am not
> > Iam not a c++ programer or software research and devepement, I am a user
> and
> > thats  what I  do I run my bussiness and I play games and I download
> things
> > to playwith then I sort  the in network neighbourhood a pass on the good
> > stuff to the others on my network simply by means of drag and drop or cut
> and
> > paste ( quick and efficient)and that is what I do with my pc every night
> until
> > 2am.
> >
> > Please Dont take this mail as an Insult or as an attack Iam simply stating
> > the factsas I have experienced them
> >
> > PS: excuse the spelling the kmail spellchecker doesnt work properly so i
> gave
> > up with it .
> >
> > thanks
> > Chadley Wilson
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 012 3332276
>

> Hey Chadley,
>     I feel your pain!  I've spent MANY late nights working to no avail
> (because of the same reasons you list) and I've gone to bed frustrated more
> times than I can count.  I guess you just have to decide what you're looking
> for; Windows does offer a lot more indirect support in that everyone uses
> it, everybody makes drivers for it, and it's available everywhere.  Mac,
> from what I hear, offers much greater stability, much easier to use, and not
> nearly as many people use it.  Linux has tremendous potential, it's free,
> there are always upgrades available (if you know where to find them) and one
> of the greatest features - it's fun!  Yeah, I know, fun?  I've already said
> how frustrating it can be, what I'm say now is, it's still a fairly new
> system, and the people that are doing the developing aren't sitting in huge
> building in Redmond, Washington making a million a year.  It's people that,
> for the most part, have other jobs and just happen to take some of their
> expertise and share it with rest of us.  There is also a lot of developing
> going on at places like Red Hat, SuSE and Mandrake, but that's not where
> most of it is coming from.
>     I would suggest this; until you become more familiar with Linux, use it
> as a dual boot set up on one machine.  Pick one machine and repartition your
> drive into two sections, then install WinNT or whatever as your first OS,
> then install Mandrake on the last part of the drive.  Do your regular work
> [...]
Signature:
Want to make some extra pocket change
listening to your realplayer while you surf?
http://www.radiofreecash.com/home.asp?ref=kittypuss

Sign up for ClickDough and get paid to surf the web.
http://secure.clickdough.com/servlets/cr/CRSignup.po?referral_id=kittypuss