Thank you all so much I appreciate your patience. I am going to attempt
what Drake X wrote even though its beyond my knowledge at this time :) I
have a isa modem jaton modulator 56k pnp. When i try to run minicom it
says configuration file not found , using defaults. Kppp says
initializing modem and stalls, if I query the modem a modem query
results screen pops up but is all blanks. DrakConf says checking for isa
, creating tree but no + are by the modem after it does this and it isnt
listed. Modem Commands are :AT^M Init Response OK Dial String ATDT. The
minicom log i have shows all hangups. I hope I have given you all
specific enough information. Basically is linux not seeing my modem or
do I have kppp not set up correctly? Windows shows my modem as being on
com3 , so i set it as $ ln -s /dev/ttyS2 /dev/modem. thx Vicky