I believe you could save your address book, too.  If not by copying the file
itself, try exporting/importing it.

(I myself transferred from MS Outlook to Netscape-Linux with the help of Yahoo!
address backup service, a much longer route - and it worked)

Cheers,
/J.

--
* Registered Linux User Number *