thanks for your replies, i have discovered that i could indeed export my
address book in the ldif format and import it into linux netscape, also
i copied my bookmark.htm file from win98 over to linux and copied it
over bookmarks.html in my user .netscape directory (backing up the old
one of course) this worked fine, messages had to be downloaded all over
again however

bascule