>what is in it?
Sat, 27 May 2000  10:07:33

How did all of you solve this problem when you were a newbie? I have
hundreds of unknown to me programs on this Mandrake...I discover what
they do by accident.

        Is there a listing of programs and RPM's decoded into
something that will enable me to determine the purpose? or do I have
to search them out one by one, only to discover that the program is
not something I have a use for?

        I just found one that calculates "molecular weights"..I am
sure it is an excellent program, but I am also sure there are many
here that I could get more use from., if I only knew about them?

        To me it appears that program names and RPM listings are
cryptic, the name SAMBA does not explain much....electric eyes? blue
fish?...where is it explained?.

thank you
Olly P
Biloxi