On Tue, 30 May 2000, Paul wrote:

:~>Would be handy to have some indication in a .DOC file as to what basic
:~>packages one can expect in let's say 5 steps of the slider. If this is
:~>possible, of course.

Inpossible, I am afraid. Basically, we would try to keep the same
functionality all the way, but on minimal install you would get only KDE +
aplications we consider "top importance", while on "full install" you
would have all kinds of window managers, ten different editors etc.

:~>
:~>>2) Is this option clear enough?
:~>
:~>It is for me. Perhaps an extra checkbox for "Internet apps" would be
:~>handy, but I assume people that use Linux in general want to climb onto
:~>the Net.

This is top priority - they ALWAYS get installed. (in minimal install you
would get like ONE graphic enviroment (KDE for now), ONE editor, ONE
e-mail prog, ONE newsreader... Probably netscape on top of it until we can
get rid of it once for all.

cu
        Denis
Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newbies aren't necessarily stupid nor uninformed, just lacking in
experience with this specific OS. ([EMAIL PROTECTED])