Wayne....I just installed Corel 1.0 yesterday on a similar
system as you describe.  I got my copy as a freebie when I
bought some books from Linux Mall.

Watch out, I installed with expert, assuming I'd get the most
control possible.  But it never made a boot floppy, nor did it
give me any choice on where it would install lilo, it just
overwrote my mbr.  Also it wouldn't use my preexisting
partitions, instead of allowing me to specify a mount point
for an existing ext2 partition, it forced me to delete and
recreate.

Comment out the line in Mandrake's fstab to avoid problems,
then rewrite the line after you've done your Corel install and
are back in Mandrake.  Then you can test your fstab entry
before rebooting Mandrake.

Alan