That could be true flupke, mine is a VIA chipset.

It doesn't seem to hurt anything, if I accidentally choose
shutdown, I just choose alt-cntrl-del and it finishes it.

But if it can be fixed...cool.  I will look into it with my system.

Thanks,
Bambi

Now do you you know how to get lxdoom to work..it says it can't
find an IWAD...I have downloaded the shareware 1.8 wad file,
I have gone to get the iwad file they had and unzipped it...doom1.wad
Anyway it can't find it and I tried to run it in terminal window to see
it's complaints ... they only thing it says besides the memory size is
it can't find an IWAD file!

I am at a lose as to how to proceed.  Any help?

Thanks in advance,
Bambi