sorry, frank...I really disagree with you, big time.

the packages are a wonderful bundle of joy to me,
those I don't use, I delete.  If it is used by something
else, it tells you.  If you aren't sure, you leave it alone
till you do.  There have been many times when I found
some interesting tidbit on the web, some cool program,
and when I looked, and I do look, many times it is installed
and all I need to do is query it to find the executable and
create a desktop.lnk and go.

Just a newbie's opinion,

Bambi