From: "Alan Shoemaker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Mark Weaver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Jim"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] try yet again for help... cd rom/burner

Mark/Jim....that's not true, a CD-RW can function as a music
CD (if it's properly hooked up to the sound card's input
connector), and it can also read data CD's made commercially
or made on other CD-R's and CD-RW's.  There have been specific
incompatibilities concerning certain media's reflectivity and
a few incompatibilities related to certain models and brands
(this was with products released quite early in the CD-RW
category).

Alan

Mark Weaver wrote:

> Jim wrote:
> >
> > Well Mark you are close there....but the drive performs perfectly in the
> > OTHER OS...reads, writes....just like it was designed to do....but the
only
> > function it has in Linux is music...plays fine...the problem is when I
put
> > in any of the data cd's I got when I purchased the MD 7.0 package
> >
> > Jim

Ali