From: "Tom Brinkman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] try yet again for help... cd rom/burner

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Mark,

...the Creative
> cdrw 4224 is a machine that is supposed to (and does in windoze) act as a
> normal cdrom as well as a cd burner...it isn't the equipment...it is the
OS
> and the way it is attempting to address the hardware.

   you might be better served if you also wondered:

     ' it isn't the OS...it is the equipment
  and the way it is attempting to address the OS. '

   ??  (I suspect bios/motherboard/etc is in this mix too)

   BTW,  how good is Creative at providing Linux developers with
spec's for all the hardware they re-badge ??   or encouraging the
manufacturer that really made that CD-RW to do the same .... ?
--
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]