On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> thanks so much...you were right...I was missing these packages !!!
> I installed them...and then tried again...to install "screem"
> and got the attached error...what's wrong NOW?
> it went fine until I got this error...I then installed both ...
>
> pixbuf 0.7.0   and its devel package...and still I got the attached
> error
>
> WHY?

     Well, I don't see your error (did you attach it?).  My advice
is to go back from the beginning and try again.  A sure bet is to
delete the /dir that you untar'd the source to and start over from
there, unpacking the source all over again.  Sometimes a 'make
mrproper' (before (./config) will clean up the source.  Sometimes
some source won't compile on some hardware. A good clue for this
case is if the compile errors out at different places and/or with
different error messages. Many compiles really strain the system's
cpu/cache/ram so it could be a hardware problem.  Even in this
case, often just keep trying over and over till the compile is
successful.  Depends on how stubborn you are ;)   .... or maybe you
forgot to 'su' to root before running 'make install' ?   ;)
--
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]