well, did what you said...and still nothing...
attached is the latest error.txt

I remind you...that I did install PIXBUF

Tom Brinkman wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> > thanks so much...you were right...I was missing these packages !!!
> > I installed them...and then tried again...to install "screem"
> > and got the attached error...what's wrong NOW?
> > it went fine until I got this error...I then installed both ...
> >
> > pixbuf 0.7.0   and its devel package...and still I got the attached
> > error
> >
> > WHY?
>
>      Well, I don't see your error (did you attach it?).  My advice
> is to go back from the beginning and try again.  A sure bet is to
> delete the /dir that you untar'd the source to and start over from
> there, unpacking the source all over again.  Sometimes a 'make
> mrproper' (before (./config) will clean up the source.  Sometimes
> some source won't compile on some hardware. A good clue for this
> case is if the compile errors out at different places and/or with
> different error messages. Many compiles really strain the system's
> cpu/cache/ram so it could be a hardware problem.  Even in this
> case, often just keep trying over and over till the compile is
> successful.  Depends on how stubborn you are ;)   .... or maybe you
> forgot to 'su' to root before running 'make install' ?   ;)
> --
> ~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> > Tom Brinkman wrote:

> > >    YES
> > > http://www.mandrakeuser.org/basics/bsource.html
> > >
> > >   look 'bout half way down the page an you'll see a list of
> > > everything that's usually needed to compile most all source.
> > > It's mostly 'devel' and 'lib' packages you're prob'ly missing
> > >
> > > While you're there, read the whole section.... MOF, the whole site
> > > is invaluable ;-)
> > >
> > > --
> > > ~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
           Registered Linux User:73821
<===============    KompuKit    ===================>
Kit Goins                              ICQ# 7110071
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           Lowell, Mass.
Web Designer      http://kitdesigns.bizhosting.com
WebServer:        http://kompukit.dyndns.org
(Server Runs between M-F 6pm-12am,S+S 12pm-12am EST)
<===============    KompuKit    ===================>
[root@kompukit kit]# cd /root/tmp/screem-0.2.6
[root@kompukit screem-0.2.6]# ./configure --prefix=/usr
creating cache ./config.cache
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... -static
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
updating cache ./config.cache
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking for gnome-config... /usr/bin/gnome-config
checking if /usr/bin/gnome-config works... yes
checking for orbit-config... /usr/bin/orbit-config
checking for orbit-idl... /usr/bin/orbit-idl
checking for working ORBit environment... yes
checking for gnorba libraries... yes
checking for gnome-libs >= 1.2.0... yes
checking for gdk-pixbuf-config... /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-config
checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.7.0... no
*** Could not run GDK_PIXBUF test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GDK_PIXBUF was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved GDK_PIXBUF since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the gdk-pixbuf-config script: /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-config
configure: error: Need gdk-pixbuf-0.7.0 or later!
[root@kompukit screem-0.2.6]#