I had a similar problem and $ mount /mnt/cdrom solved it thanks now I can
use all the drives on my system

 tlong
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 11:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Cant Mount CD-ROM Problem...

I tried changing the auto to iso9660 and I still get the "mount: /mnt/cdrom
is not a
valid block device"  I tried all combinations (/dev/cdrom, /dev/hdc,
/mnt/cdrom) and
still the same error message.  I can mount the second cdrom though.  "mount
/dev/cdrom2
/mnt/cdrom2" works but not the primary cdrom. Arerrgg!!  =( HELP!!!! =(

John

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Since you are using the more traditional mounting method, I
> suggest changing the filesystem type from "auto" to
> "iso9660".  Then with the command $ mount /mnt/cdrom it
> should work.
>
> Phil
>
> On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, John Catral wrote:
>
> > Hi! This what I get for my cdrom in /etc/fstab
> >
> > /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto user,noauto,nosuid,exec,nodev,ro 0 0
> >
> > /dev/cdrom2 /mnt/cdrom2 auto user,noauto,nosuid,exec,nodev,ro 0 0
> >
> > As you can see I tried with /mnt/cdrom and it does not work.  My second
CDROM works