On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Jim P. wrote:

>Paul where have you been?  I have been yelling for a month because Mandrake
>7.1 would not recognize my Creative CDRW 4224!  I found a work around but it
>isn't a pretty one.  I have to install with my cdrom set as a slave on the
>second IDE channel, and after the install switch it to primary on the second
>IDE channel...it then removes it configured as /dev/hdd and reconfigures it
>as /dev/hdc and accesses it just fine...I have been fighting this little bug
>from day one and begging for help with it...sheesh
>
>Civileme had me playing with drive configurations or I would have NEVER
>discovered my weird little work around...hopefully there will be a little
>cleaner nicer fix for the problem soon!
>
>Jim P.

Hi Jim,
That is a really weird work-around you had to go through.
I must have skipped over your posts because I don't know a thing about
CDRW's, and the amount of mail that the list generates makes things like
'selective reading' necessary for me.

Very very strange goings on, in computers...

Paul

--
A turtle can tell more about the road
than a hare