Bill....no dangers that I'm aware of.  Through
experimentation, since documentation is all but non-existant,
I found that supermount works fine on dos formatted floppies.

But if you want to read/write an ext2 floppy then you need to
do it the traditional Linux way which includes umounting the
floppy when done.  If you don't umount then supermount won't
work on the next dos floppy you put in the drive.

Alan