On Tue, 04 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> >Second that.  I guess "supermount" is another of those
> >bright ideas not yet ready for prime time.  I have used
> >Linux (SuSE and Debian) before and have several ext2
>
> Most versions of UNIX have an automounter.  It sounds like they've put this
> one together to read DOS disks, not native disks which doesn't make a lot
> of sense.   Is it safe to assume that you're supermounting the disk as an
> ext2 system, not a DOS system?   As you say, this seems a bit flakey.

   Not really. Any files you use with Linux and be copied to or
read from a DOS formatted floppy.  Where this gets flakey is tryin
to do it with ext2 formatted floppies.  If you use 'superformat'
to format floppies beyond 1440k (eg, 1992), you need to use DOS
format.

 The

--
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]