Charles,

I was able to get PM.  When I ran it though, i couyld see two files.
There was a FAt which was labled as my C drive in windows.  Then there was
the remainding of my hard drive all in one clump.  And rather that saying
what type of drive it was, (whether FAT32 or Linux) it called it "type
85."  I thought that was sorta strange since that was where the linux and
D drive are but clumped them together.  Then, if i were to boot to linux,
sure enough all the drives are still there, the C, D and linux.  But what
i tired to do was in windows, the clump called type 85 (which is where the
D and linux are) i tired to set as Active like you suggested and then
rebooted.  Unfortunately it didn't have an effect.  Do you know if there
is something else that I can do?  thanks for your help thus far.

Sean