I have installed Mandrake Linux 7.1 for the first time. During installation it detected my external modem, and it did setup my internet connection. My problem is that when I login into kde desktop, and use kppp tool (there is a icon on the desktop which says Internet and it looks something like Windows dialup connection) to dial to internet I can’t connect. During connection process, there is a brief “handshaking” going on, and then my connection will drop and error appears “PPPD Demon Died Unexpectedly”.

Anybody with any ideas ? Is there other way for me to connect to Internet ?

Regards,

Dariusz S Stochmal

E-mail 1: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

E-mail 2: [EMAIL PROTECTED]