Yes, as a matter of fact not long after I installed Mandrake 7.1 (I
migrated to Mandrake from RedHat) I noticed there was an update
utility. I had also heard there was something wrong with the kernel that
shipped with 7.1, so I ran the update utility. For some reason it didn't
work the fist time. I think I did something wrong. But the second time it
worked like a charm. When I was done I just rebooted the system and it
booted the new kernel like it was the most natural thing in the world.

--
Mark

I love my Linux Box...
        REASON # 2 ...X-windows is just a suedonym.
        Registered Linux user # 182496